This Anti-Aging “Super Water” May Be Your Secret Fountain Of Youth – Coconut Water Benefits
Among The Many Known Coconut Water Benefits, The Most Exciting Is Its Apparent Ability To Help Prolong The Lifespan Of Cells In The Body
Researchers have now shown that using coconut water internally and externally may have greater anti-aging effects on cells than ever thought – giving you a little known secret to getting your “ageless impact.”
By: Jon Bender
Amazing Discoveries On How Coconut Water Benefits The Body, Including Slowing Down The Aging Process
We all know that once you cut a flower from its living plant, the flower tissue begins to die. The same thing happens with human and animal tissue. Thus, it is critical in the field of human tissue/organ transplantation to prolong the life of the cells that make up these tissues and organs until they are transplanted at a later time. New research shows that among many coconut water benefits is that it can help keep animal and human tissues cells alive longer…even longer than many scientifically formulated solutions designed to prolong cellular life.(1-2)
So How Does Coconut Water Keep Cells Alive Longer?
It benefits from a natural concentration of cytokinins which are a powerful anti-oxidant that protect the cells from the oxidative stress that prematurely degenerates (ages) cells. In short, fatty acids in our skin and tissues quickly degrade from oxidative stress. Anti-oxidants block this damage that can make us look and feel older prematurely.
Coconut Water Cytokinins Have Been Found To Slow Oxidative Degeneration And Preserve Skin And Tissue (3)
Additionally cytokinins help eliminate errors in cellular growth that may lead to development of cancer. The anti-cancer effects of cytokins have been studied and many papers have been published in this area…another one of the coconut water benefits. (4)
Coconut Water Benefits Also Include Protecting The Heart And Arteries By Helping Prevent Blood Clot Causing Heart Attacks And Strokes. (5)
Coconut water benefits in its rich profile in both potassium and the amino acid, l-arginine. Consequently, it can help dilate blood vessels and can effectively help lower blood pressure protecting against heart-attack and stroke while replacing valuable electrolytes. This can be very important in high intensity sports where higher physical exertion and heart-rate intensity above lactate thresholds are often reached…another of one of the coconut water benefits. (6)
Coconut Water Benefits The Brain Through Its Ability To Significantly Prevent And/Or Even Help Reverse Degenerative Brain Diseases Such As Dementia And Alzheimer’s.
Research has shown that coconut cytokinins can help block neural compounds that inhibit synaptic transmission and reduce the “plaque” that contaminates the brains of Alzheimer patients. (7)
With So Many Benefits, It Just Makes Good Healthy Sense To Drink Coconut Water And Apply It Topically As Often As Possible
Whether you are drinking it or misting it on your face the coconut water benefits including anti-aging can now be yours – giving you the “ageless impact” that could have even your closest friends scratch their heads wondering why you keep looking “younger” every time they see you!
Note: Since researching the many coconut water benefits, I decided to keep a spray bottle containing coconut water in my bathroom so I could spray it on my face before bed and upon rising. Interestingly, I just had a 26 year old lady at my gym guess I was 29 (I’m 50!). I can’t say it’s completely due to the coconut water benefits, but I have had a few comments lately on how I keep looking younger! If that’s one of the coconut water benefits, I’ll take it!
1. Silva, J.R., et al. Effect of coconut water and Braun-Collins solutions at different temperatures and incubation times on the morphology of goat preantral follicles preserved in vitro. Theriogenology 200;54:809-822.
2. De Cassia Soares Cardoso, R., et al. Comparison of two dilution rates on canine semen quality after cryopreservation in a coconut water extender. Animal Reproduction Science 2006;92:384-391.
3. Verbeke, P., et al. Kinetin inhibits protein oxidation and glycoxidation in vitro. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2000;276:1265-1270
4 Adair, W.L. and Brennan, S.L. The role of N-6-isopentenyl adenine in tumor cell growth. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 1986;137:208-214.
5. Hsiao, G., et al. Inhibitory activity of kinetin on free radical formation of activated platelets in vitro and on thrombus formation in vivo. Eur J Pharmacol 2003;465:281-287.
6. Alleyne, T., et al The control of hypertension by use of coconut water and mauby: two tropical food drinks. West Indian Med J 2005;54:3-8.
7. Choi, S.J., et al. Zeatin prevents amyloid beta-induced neurotoxicity and scopolamine-induced cognitive defects. J Med Food 2009;12:271-277.