Your Life Could Depend On Getting “FAT”
Benefits of “Good” Fat
By: Jon Bender
Check out 4 Reasons You Need Good Fat:
- Increases testosterone in the body – YEAH BABY! I’m a guy over 50 and this a big focus for most men at this age. Don’t worry ladies! The EFAs we will talk about will not put hair on your chest or give you an Adams apple!
- Measurably reduces the levels of BAD cholesterol in your body
- Significantly helps you lose body fat. Thus, by getting your body to actually use certain types of fat as fuel. Google brown adipose tissue (BAT) for more info.
- Prevents muscle catabolism by allowing important carbohydrates to be used to repair muscle rather than be used as fuel.
Get Healthy Good Fat Into Your Diet
All by understanding and referencing three important blood measurements that point to GOOD HEALTH.
- HIGHER HDL (high-density lipoproteins – “lipo” means fat) in your bloodstream is GOOD
- LOWER LDL (low-density lipoproteins) in your bloodstream is GOOD
- LOWER Triglycerides in your bloodstream are GOOD
What Types of Fat Do You Need To Include In Your Diet?
Here’s a quick reference. You might want to print and cut out this table and keep it with you. You can reference it while shopping and reading labels. No worries, you’ll have it committed to memory in no time at all.
To start, we will break fats into separate categories:
- Mono-Unsaturated Fats
- Poly-unsaturated fats
- Poly-unsaturated Omega 6 fats
- Poly-unsaturated Omega 3 fats
- Saturated Fats
- Trans-Fatty Acids (Note: TFA’s are deadly and you should avoid them as much as possible. Please see below)
|Type of Fat||HDL Up Is Good||LDL Down|
|Triglycerides||Do You Want It?|
(processed foods, margarine, etc.)
|Down||Up||Up||Down||Avoid like the plague…They can kill you!|
(animal fat, dairy) EXCEPTION
|Down||Less than 10% of total daily intake.|
|Poly-UnSaturated Omega-3 Fats (fish, krill, flax, sunflower)||No effect||No|
|Poly-UnSaturated (most plants, plant oils, macadamia, flax seed)||Up||Down||Down||Down||Get as much as you can!|
|Mono-UnSaturated (avocados, olive oil, most nuts, flax seed)||Up||Down||Down||Down||Now We’re Talking – This is your ticket!|
The Bottom Line
Eat/Drink only “GOOD FATS” in your nutrition plan! MEN (And women that want more muscle tone) eat/drink about 25-35 grams of “good fat” IMMEDIATELY after your workout. Most importantly, this will elevate and extend after workout testosterone levels!
Best Olive Oil
The very best olive oil in the world is Lebanese Olive Oil. It is stone pressed, unrefined, and unfiltered. Most importantly, some are produced from still fruit bearing olive trees over 2,000 years old! Lebanese olive oil is known for its powerful antioxidant / anti-aging qualities due to high concentrations of micronutrients such as boron and selenium found in the regions soil. For example, these micronutrients can provide almost “miraculous” anti-aging results for humans. Thus, noted by the remarkable extension of the olive tree’s life for up to thousands of years. For instance, the average age of an olive tree in other parts of the world is under 400 years. In conclusion, treat yourself with the best olive oil nature has to offer.